Mouse.X Mouse.Y

Improviz Gif by Antonio Roberts
(Brought to you by Sharing is Caring.)

1. Of Robert's work, which makes an impact on you and why? 
So far this Improviz Gif is making the most/direct impact on me. It is making me a little bit bonkers as it undulates and blasts color across this page and, consequently, my eyeballs.
(It seems as though someone has turned off the sound for it.)
I’d like to hear more explanation of the purpose and meaning behind the work. At face value I don’t derive much more than an “eye candy” experience from it.
The whole concept of an Algorave is spectacular. I wonder about how much participants are really having to trust the coders. Because the sounds and visuals are not prescribed there is infinite variants. Exciting! You’ll never ever ever attend the same one twice!
2. How does Robert's work relate to the themes/topics that we have been learning about in this course?
Technology is being utilised in a pure way- sometimes, apparently, the existence of a resulting artwork is secondary to the process of piecing together patterns of code. By way of building or denigrating it.
This work goes beyond the typical application of technology to make art and the technology itself becomes the work.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about building a body of work within the community of every artist who has come before me and all the things that are being created even today. The consideration of creative license and being purposeful about what one is making and how is worthy of our time and energy as artists.

3. After reviewing his website/Blog, what questions do you have for the artist? What would you like to know more about ? 
What do you want me to learn (OR) how do you want me to have been changed when I encounter your work?
How do the images relate to the sound during live coding/Algorave?
How does the creation of this body of work contribute to the scope and growth of art in the world today?
Who is your target audience? Who are you thinking of when you create these pieces?

Do you pronounce it “Jiff” or “Giff”



Comments